February 7, 2012

Can you help?

In a break from normal posting, I feel compelled to mention this...


There is a little girl called Aillidh (pronounced Ay-lee) here in the UK.  She is 8 years old and has been diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia.  Currently Aillidh is in hospital in Glasgow undergoing her third course of chemotherapy but she urgently needs a stem cell/bone marrow transplant.  In a cruel twist of fate, neither of her siblings are a match.  The reason I am posting about this is because Aillidh is an unusual tissue type as her Mother is of part native American Indian origin, and I know I have a lot of followers from the USA.

Please consider joining your countries bone marrow registry, the link for the USA is here, and also for the UK.  Spread the word, tweet it, blog it, facebook it.   There is also a Facebook page set up to link to.

Even if you are not a match for Aillidh, you could help save another life.

Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Thanks so much for posting this. Aillidh is my friend Leigh's daughter and my heart goes out to the whole family.