December 24, 2011

I'd like to dedicate this post to...

my Mum!

She's having an upside down christmas this year having just moved house (during which, just about everything that could go wrong, did go wrong), and is still in the process of making the new house habitable.  One of the positive sides to her downsizing, is that certain things have been passed on to me during the clear out.  Things that remind me of my childhood, and that actually my keen interest in making things, has quite clearly come from her.


When my mum was a child, she knitted clothing for her dolls.  I remember playing with all of these when I was little.  I thought they were the most precious things in the world.  And now they've been passed on to me.


They are even more precious now, and I'm reluctant to let my children play with them as I worry about causing damage, but today as I was photographing them for this post, it did occur to me that, yes they are precious, but not as precious as their creator.


my Mum!

Merry Christmas, see you in 2012!

11 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Those are certainly precious and a real treasure for you to now own.

I hope things look up for your mom.

Merry Christmas!

Nan said...

Beautiful post and what lovely things your Mom made and now you can keep them. Have a very Merry Christmas.

kat said...

Wow..lucky you, Lucky Kate :o) those doll clothes are a treasure! MELE KALIKIMAKA from Hawaii...

UN BESO said...

I love your web KISS

Make handmade said...

So pretty things for Christmas! i love it.

Quietly Otaku said...

Such a sweet post! I love going through my old toys my mum made and knitted me many clothes as a child. Hope you had a great Christmas!

House of Avandan said...

What a sweet post! http://www.houseofavandan.blogspot.com

JCat McGack said...

Sweet post! Have to say I came across you through Pinterest. A 2009 post about Valentine envelope you had sewn. Thanks for the adorable idea, going to keep your blog in my blog roll! SUCH fun ideas here. Love to see what the other side of the pond comes up with!
JCat
(south Chicago)

Manualidades said...

Wow very sweet, congratulations and happy new year ;)

Mum said...

Thankyou Amy. Your comments brought tears to my eyes. Yes my dolls were precious to me and it is nice to pass on something that was so loved to someone who is sooooooo loved. x

XmasOrnamentsWorld said...

So cute...
---
XmasOrnamentsWorld