January 16, 2008

Quick, it's stopped raining...

...there is a little bit of light (not fantastic light, but in this weather, one can't be choosy!), get the camera out!

Meet Floyd, the farm dog,

now, Floyd didn't start out as a dog, his body was invloved in a slightly misguided attempt at a larger owl (which didn't work!), but since, has turned out to be much more successful, after a change of ears and eyes.

Am playing around with patterns at the moment and building up some stock ready to put on Etsy. I don't know what is harder, designing new patterns or working out pricing!, any tips on the money side of Etsy would be greatly apprieciated.

This larger owl is much improved!

(Can you tell, I'm still obsessed with that farm fabric)

And, today, the postman has been good to me, two parcels, one with more of those mini buttons I use as eyes, and another from the very lovely Corry at Dutch Blue. Corry won one of the owls in the giveaway and has sent a fabulous pile of fat quarters, some buttons and some really sweet windmill trim, thank you so much Corry, what a lovely surprise!


P.S, if, like me, you are a big fan of softies, check out the new group blog, The Needle, there is some amazing work being showcased there.

16 comments:

Amy said...

My only pricing advice is this.
Look around. Find something similar to your items and see what those are priced for. Check to be sure these other items are indeed selling. Don't underestimate your item. Believe me...pricing it too low and it still will not sell. I bumped a price up on an item once and it sold within days. Not too low but not too high. You can always up your prices later.
Here...
http://u-handbag.typepad.com/uhandblog/2007/08/pricing-your-ba.html
This blog might help you a bit!
Good luck!

French Knots said...

Love his floppy ears!
Pricing is tricky, have you seen http://emomsathome.com/craft-boom/

Anonymous said...

oooh, they are both so cute!

Locket Pocket said...

Both doggie and owl look lovely! That farm fabric is certainly being useful! Lucy x

iSew said...

I love your softies!

I've been working on some patterns for my Etsy shop too. I'm having the same troubles with pricing. I agree with Amy, look around. That's what I'm doing. Good luck!

Annie B said...

those are gorgeous LK
hope you sort out the etsy side of things, you can alwasy bite it and see. I don't think prices can be seen once an item has been sold (or can they?, hmm) so you could just put a few things on and see what happens

on a totally other note, you see that blue and white striped fabric with the flowers that you were sent (what a kind woman!) well you'll be seeing that on my blog shortly, maybe even tonight if I get a chance to post...it is gorgeous and suited a certain little project I was doing just perfectly...pop over later and see...

XX

the ark said...

So glad you had the "owl mishap" or we wouldn't be able to enjoy your delightful farm dog!
Keep up the mistakes!

Barbara said...

SEI UNA GRANDE CREATIVA!
In my blog there is a post dedicated to you ...

Anonymous said...

Floyd is adorable!

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Oh adorable, I love the little bone, its all in the detail...

Blossom said...

I love them both!!!
Very cute!!

Monkee Maker said...

That Floyd .... such a cutie! How do you manage to cram so much character into each creation? They're brill!

No tips on the pricing front though, sorry. It's so tricky, what with Etsy and then Paypal taking their cut too. Good luck with it.

:)

Apryl said...

Floyd is very cute, and I love that farm fabric!

no idea about pricing sorry.. but i will keep a look out if i learn anything interesting.

Unknown said...

Your dog is adorable. I love your softies.

Suzanne Vaughan said...

Fab dog LK!

syko kajsa said...

I know everything about bad light, but I highly recommend making a light box!

That doggy is very cute and your swap goodies look very yummy!