February 15, 2008

Puppy love...

I can show this now that everything has changed hands for Lucy Locket's valentine swap, this little pup got posted off, along with a bag of goodies, although the bone was left behind!

And look at the amazing parcel I got in return from Kate, a lovely machine embroidered valentine card, lots of buttons, sequins, bells and other bits of embellishment, yummy chocolates (missing from the photograph due to having been eaten!), all wrapped up in hand dyed fabrics and glittery ribbons.

I must have been a bit giddy yesterday afternoon from all the valentine excitement, as I had a bit of a funny turn and found myself in the sitting room, doing something I usually try very hard to avoid - dusting!  This is not a sight seen often in our house, Luke was watching me, frowning, until he finally asked, "Mummy, do doing?"

At least that's the dusting done now, until next year anyway!

13 comments:

Lina said...

With you on the dusting! What great Valentine's goodies!

Mytutorlist.com said...

Oh wow! The swap looks like it was a lot of fun! I'm glad you had a good Valentine's day.

Kitty said...

Awww, your pup is so cute - and the goodies you received in return are 'wow!' It was a great swap ... did you know she's doing an Easter Bunny one now?

Steady on with the dusting ... I believe dust protects furniture - at least that's what I tell the kids. It's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;-) x

Locket Pocket said...

Your puppy is lovely and your goodies look great! But as for dusting, I mean, come on! I don't have dust in my house - there are no surfaces clear enough to accumulate it!!! Lucy x

Unknown said...

Dusting? I would like to pretend I don't do it...but I would be lying (I hate it, I do it with gritted teeth and a very grumpy face)
What a fab parcel (both the one you sent out and the one you got back!)

Frk.Badegakk said...

Toooooo cute!!!!! =D

Kate North said...

So, what is this dusting concept of which you speak? LOL - glad the parcel arrived safely and that you liked the things. I had a lot of fun with it. And I love my puppy, bone or no.

Apryl said...

aww that doggy is so cute.. lovely fabric!

Melanie said...

absolutely gorgeous!

Ragged Roses said...

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog! All those goodies in your post are gorgeous!
Kimx

Annie B said...

lovely stuff - both what you sent and what you received - what a nice valentine's day! (well, apart from the dusting, obviously)

Laura said...

Ciao
dog molto simpatico

Laura

Mrs Moog said...

Lovely Valentine's goodies!! You may want to be careful though as too much dusting is not good for a person......