November 3, 2011

omg...

I have just had one of those oh. my. god. moments.  You know, when you see something and think how fab it is.  Need to tell someone, except the kids are asleep and the husband is not interested.

So, I'll tell you lot instead.  Just come across these while surfing Pinterest,

image Ⓒ The Workroom

A wooden pendant blank for decorating with cross stitch.  If you follow this blog regularly, you will know I started out in cross stitch design, so you'll know why these appealed to me.  Have ordered a couple, can't wait to try them out.

There are more shapes available from The Workroom, and take a look at the gallery on Flickr.

7 comments:

Sia said...

Amy, I understand you sometimes have with someone to share! And I like the wooden thingie)) I looked in the photo gallery and I liked the bird! And if you think you can do anything!

Scrapiana said...

Amy, you might like the work of Lisa of Lil Fish Studios. She shapes her own wooden brooches so beautifully (she lives in the woods... ) and drills her own lil holes to stitch through, as in the example below. I'm sure the cross-stitch enthusiast could readily configure something similar. Out with the Black & Decker... http://needlework.craftgossip.com/inspiration-lil-fish-studios/2011/01/25/

marilyn said...

What a find! :)

Vixie said...

Oooh, they look great! What a find! *adds to wishlist*

karyn said...

hi amy! i hope you you'll post photos of what you do with your pendants! thanks so much for the shout out.

Quietly Otaku said...

Neat find, I've also seen iphone covers that you cross stitch yourself. Might be of interest to you too? http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2011/07/diy_cross-stitched_iphone_cove.html

loretta said...

I absolutely understand having those omg moments ~ my husband usually humors me and pretends to be interested even when he's not :-p

Now I need to go check these out because they look omg awesome!!!!!