August 19, 2011

A tail of two rabbits,

It's the school holidays here in the UK, which also means I get very little time to work in between all the other parenting stuff.  The offshoot is there's very little to blog about, hence the quietness here!

Until the other day, I'd promised the kids a comic each, and during the hour (it felt like an hour!) it took them both to choose one, I went browsing amongst the sewing magazines and discovered...


Sew Hip, issue 32 - September 2011, has a pattern extracted from my book in it!  I knew there were a few projects placed by the publisher as features, but didn't know what, when or where.


It's the baby Rabbits that are featured, along with their personalised tails.


Although the dates still look odd to me being a Brit.  As the book publisher is American, the dates were stitched with the month first, followed by the day.

If you do buy the magazine and make a Rabbit, remember to join the Countryside Softies Flickr group and post what you've made.

18 comments:

Sally said...

I absolutely love your rabbits, they are so cute! I never knew that was an american publication either.
Sally x

Jacqui said...

I have your book out of the library at the moment after a very long wait! It's really gorgeous. I noticed those dates and wondered why you'd done them that way and briefly wondered if you were an ex-pat American. How odd the publishers insisted on doing it that way.

petal said...

I have that magazine and the bunnies are bookmarked as a future project. They are lovely.

Lucykate Crafts... said...

jacqui, no, i'm a brit, scouse to be exact! it's because the publisher is american and the book is initially printed for the american market.

even more confusing with it being animals of the british countryside!

monda-loves said...

awww those little baby rabbits are so cute. It would have been nice to know you were in a mag before you juts happened across it in the shops wouldn't it!

Plushpussycat said...

Congratulations! How exciting to find your own work in a magazine--a big surprise too! Yay! :-)
Jennifer

Lasso the Moon said...

Adorable. (and the dates look normal to me!)
Anna

Quietly Otaku said...

So cute! I agree with the date thing it does look weird ha ha : )

M. Raquel said...

MUY lindo tu trabajo! Noto el amor con que haces tus artesanias. Todo es muy dulce y expresivo. Felicitaciones! CONGRATULATIONS! Tengo un blog, recien comienzo. Gracias por tu trabajo. Continua con tu exito!!! Un abrazo, Celeste.

search engine marketing said...

It is my great pleasure to visit your website and to enjoy your excellent post here. I like that very much. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful!

ANDRÉA said...

Muito LINDO!!!!!
http://andreaarteva.blogspot.com

Valspierssews said...

Very cute rabbits. I love their ears :)

May said...

I like yours rabbits, they are very nice :)

Money Saving Enthusiast said...

The hearts at the bottom put the sherry on top. They tug a little on my heart strings. I'll have to try this.

I HEART THIS!!!

Ullan tilkut said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! I LOVE your blog! Your works are so nice, funny, wonderful! It's so nice to find other quilters from the other side of the world! Have a nice day!

luvly said...

I love the personalised tails!! Very cute :)

Anonymous said...

so nice blogs

Kolkata AMC & Comuter Services | Computer Repair Service

Lara Gargett said...

Students while completing their assignments might be required to avail Nursing Assignment Help, SWOT Analysis Help, Market Conditions Homework help, and comment on or Design New Product Assignment help. Alternately, students might not just only want online assignment help but might also want economics teaching help so as to better understand the subject. while seeking Biology assignment help online might be necessary to keep up with the course load, developing personal expertise and knowledge in project management assignments is also vital.