January 12, 2009

I love...,

maps!.  Maps and globes!  We saw a pink globe the other day that Lucy has got her eye on, she is fascinated with countries like China and Japan, and so wants to visit both.  The place I would choose to visit given the opportunity is..., America.

I've never been, but would really love to go.  Mr LK is, right now, sat on a plane at Heathrow, just about to take off and fly to Seattle for a week, I'm soooooo jealous!.  This fabric is a print from my stash which I've not used much yet, so I made myself cut into it when working on some new pattern ideas for softies.  Now, after my last post about the potential problems faced by softies resembling toys, which prompted some very interesting discussion amongst the comments by the way, I have lots of ideas for soft sculpture of inanimate objects.

In the words of Rolf Harris, 'Can you guess what it is yet?',

It's not quite as I imagined in my head yet, I'm thinking it needs to go smaller, and a base of some sort so it stands properly (the magic of photography hides the fact that it is propped up!). It also has yet to have some applique and embroidery added to the front, which I may well still do, so I can try out a few ideas and techniques.

Can't do that now though, it's back to a magazine project for me!

15 comments:

Lindsey said...

It's a clock! It's a clock!! How fab.

Things Hand Made said...

I was thinking clock aswell!

Flossie and Tom said...

Love the fabric - I was thinking a clock as well my nan had one shaped just like that.

XX

Laura said...

Add some wheels, and you've got a car!

Carmen said...

yes, i think is a clock too :)
look great.

Carmen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

How funny, my Mr is on a plane to Seattle right now as well, although it's only his layover. Still, I'm jealous!

LOVE that fabric!

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

hmm - i think it's a mantle clock too - is it?

Anonymous said...

I was thinking Napoleon hat. I was off by a lot! Haha. But now I can see it could be a clock, too, and a cute one at that!

ginny said...

a lovely old fashioned mantle clock, just like my grandfather used to have. will you add a chime?
x

tam said...

It is looking good so far-looking forward to seeing the finished project! I live in the burbs of Seattle-it is a fun place to visit-too bad you couldn't have gone along! Have a terrific Tuesday!~Tam:D

Apryl said...

I love that fabric.. I want some.. Santa Rosa is where I grew up.

I hope Mr. LK has a good time on his trip.. the Snoqualmie pass is free for the first time in ages apparently so I hope he has a good drive to spokane.

its got to be a clock I would know that shape anywhere.. my dad collects and repairs old broken clocks.. it keeps him busy and irritates the hell out of my mother..

Mrs Moog said...

I love the fabric! Can't wait to see it with it's face on :-)

xxx

Becky J. said...

love the car idea, but must go with the clock. love the fabric.

Denise said...

It looks like an antique clock from my husband's childhood home. I love the fabric. Since I live in Santa Rosa, California I have to find some of this fabric. It's fantastic!