May 4, 2011

The day trip...

It's not often I blog about personal stuff, but today I'm making an exception as I've just got back from taking Lucy & Luke down to London.  For those who don't already know, my husband is a portrait painter and also the President of the Royal Society of Portrait Painters who hold their annual open exhibition at the Mall Gallery every May, and today was the private view...

Alastair giving his speech, 


Luke hiding behind Daddy,


Lord Julian Fellowes giving his speech (I didn't dare ask him about Downton Abbey, I bet everyone asks about Downton Abbey these days!),


Alastair, Lord Fellowes and Cornelius Fudge Robert Hardy,


feeding time at the zoo (poor things, they were a little overwhelmed by it all),


and 'Hmm, who is this one by?  I recognise the name'


'It's Daddy's!'

6 comments:

Jopsy said...

How exiting! A v talented hubby!

Plushpussycat said...

A fun outing! The last picture is priceless! Thanks for sharing! :-)

WoolenSails said...

How wonderful and the portrait you showed is really wonderful. Much more than a portrait, a portrayal of the person and his life.

Debbie

Quietly Otaku said...

Wow I'd of loved to have a famous dad at that age! Looks like it was a bit of a busy day for the little ones.

I can't imagine how nerve wracking it must have been to give a speech to all those people!

Scented Sweetpeas said...

aahh I bet your kiddies were so proud of Daddy but like you say a little overwhelmed by it all :-) By the way do you have a facebook page as I created a group for artists on there called East Anglia Artists so that artists can network and promote their work plus put info on courses they run etc.

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
hp officejet 5510 drivers