It's the Countryside Softies, book blog tour, book giveaway, live web chat, plus retro Owl post!
Have you been following the tour? So far it's been to Australia, USA, USA again, the UK, back to Aus, the off to Finland. Today it's my turn, so, let's get down to business ::
1. Have you got the book?, if not, you can get it either from here or a signed copy direct from me on Etsy.
2. Leave a comment on this post by midnight (GMT) on Friday 29th April, and you will be in with a chance to win a copy. You can also win a copy at every stop on the book tour and don't forget there is nothing to stop you commenting on every post so you go into every draw.
3. All the book winners will then move onto a separate draw to win the Robin Softie.
4. If you have got the book, please do join the Countryside Softies Flickr group and post your creations.
5. There's also the Lucykate Crafts... Facebook group as another way of keeping up to date with design news etc...
6. This evening (as in easter Sunday), I will be here online from 9pm (GMT), see down at the bottom of the blog, there is a Wibiya bar, click the 'join chat' icon and sign in, this will open up a chat room box which is where I will be (not literally, but you know what I mean)
Don't worry about me being a 'billy no mates' for my web chat. When I say I'll be here live, it will involve sitting by the computer with my feet up, a bit of sewing on the go, a (large) glass of Pimms and an easter egg with the chat box open.
Talking of sewing, remember my hankering for all things retro, Lucienne Day-ish, and the fabrics which I bought? Well, here is the result. Taking a motif from the atomic design era,
and we have eyes,
add a little embroidered cross hatching for a crest,
and we have an Owl. A retro Owl.
Although once I'd finished, I wished I'd used greens and browns instead. Guess that's my sewing for this evening sorted!
Well, if you're around later, I'll see you for the crafty web chat, if not, the there's the rest of the tour to follow, continuing tomorrow with the lovely Manda...
monday 25th april - treefall design
tuesday 26th april - i heart linen
wednesday 27th april - sometimes crafter
thursday 28th april - plush you
friday 29th april - allsorts