March 7, 2011

Fancy some chocolate...?


Right, now I've got your attention, I'll get to the chocolate part shortly.  First, a friend of mine, Kerry is ,amongst other things, the Editor for Popular Crafts magazine and website and after a continuing spate of copying Indie Designer's work by many larger retail companies, has written an article for the magazine covering a few of the most recent cases, mine included.  This is always a tricky subject to cover but I do think Kerry has expressed each case in a valid, balanced and unbiased way.  Click on the image above and it should come up large enough to read, and Issue 7 of the magazine is out now.

Now, back to the chocolate.  Kerry has also just started a new venture into the world of chocolate making called Trufflepiglet, and has been very kind enough to offer a 20% discount specially for Lucykate Crafts... blog readers.  Just type in the code LUCYKATE when you place an order to make use of this discount.  There is a minimum spend of £5, and this offer will run until the 7th April 2011.

Go take a look, I have taste tested.  These look yummy!

8 comments:

marble rose said...

Just read the article,it's TERRIBLE!!! Terrible that industry thinks and does get away with this - terrible that there is the lack of artistic imagination within industry. How disturbing.

Fleur
x

Javorkowo Aga Jaw said...

bardzo fajne

monika said...

You can look at this from a negative pov, however it clearly shows that indie design is what people want and if your stuff is being ripped it really means it rocks.

Wendy said...

Funnily enough I read this article just this morning! (Great mag by the way - tell your friend!) I thought I recognised your story but couldn't place it. It makes me sick that big companies get away with this kind of thing. Imagine what would happen if indi designers ripped of a high street design?

Vinfotech said...

These are just one of the few posts that I actually care to comment on. I find your website an inspiration and is definitely worth following. I've became a subscriber too.

Resume Services

Unknown said...

Are these chocolates, I can 't believe it, It is different types of chocolates, such a superb to share with us, amazing post.
Mechanix wear gloves

Dotty said...

a difficult subject handled very well I thought. I worry so much about this, sometimes I come up with a new idea and then trawl the net to see if its been done before and you know, it usually has, so then its a cup of tea, a few deep breaths and on to the next venture. What does upset me is the big boys side of it... Yes a well written article.

House of Pinheiro said...

Unfotunaly it's hard for indie designers to protect their work ...there is a organisation in the Uk that help small designers ... I need to check my notebook cause I cannot remember by heart.