June 18, 2010

Score!

I'm not talking about football (sorry, am not a football fan), no sir-ee, I'm talking fabric.  Best kind of score in my opinion.

Earlier this week I nipped out and met up with Al for lunch, advantage being there is a small patchwork shop not far from the university which I've been to before, but not in a long, long time.  Best thing about this shop is they are in possession of a bargain bin...,

I got some browns,


black and greys,


yellows with a splash of turquoise,


and also some pinks and green.


Most of these pieces are roughly fat quarter sized and only cost about £1 (about $1.50) each as they're offcuts, end of roll pieces.  Ideal for me as I was on the lookout for some more animal/nature colours after a large project has pretty much cleaned out my fabric stash, and as I work quite small, I don't need much.  A little goes a long way which makes any patterns I design quite thrifty.


I also spotted a basket of pure wool felt on my way to the till, and couldn't resist as it is much nicer quality than I had at home.  Bizarrely, later on, I had a quick look at my bloglines list and spotted this post on Treefall, I'm pretty sure it's the same stuff, can't wait to have a play with it now.

10 comments:

Midwestern Gone Idahoan said...

YEA!!

Katherine said...

Lovely! Great finds and at a good price. Enjoy!

IdaDown said...

Fab patterns and colours. Can't wait to see what the creative juices bring forth

俊偉 said...

I guess I will need a lot..................................................

SadeRa盈君iford0412 said...

向著星球長驅直進的人,反比踟躕在峽路上的人,更容易達到目的。..................................................................

夏瓊富 said...

祝大家都平平安安健健康康!

洪筱婷 said...

我的老天爺~內容真是太棒了.................................................................

Jutus said...

Fantasztikusan szép anyagok!!!!

erinrose said...

I'm so pleased that you said "turquoise". Lately, most people say teal. I love color words.

Kate said...

Hello! I am so excited to have just found your blog! I am SO excited that I am following you, adding you to my google reader, AND I am going to do a blog entry on you over at my blog in the next day or so, if you don't mind!

I found you through the picture you have on flickr of the embroidered fabric letters. I had just though this morning how neat it would be to make an envelope out of fabric, and then I found your photo! Hooray for inspiration!

Have a lovely day!
-Kate
http://tarheellassie.blogspot.com